Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
parasmiley

New

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I am new here with my first Johnson on the way to me. I should have it by wed or thurs, I will post some pics.

But I was wondering if there was anything special that I need to do before shooting it?

Thanks in advance

P

Hi everyone. I am new here with my first Johnson on the way to me. I should have it by wed or thurs, I will post some pics.

But I was wondering if there was anything special that I need to do before shooting it?

Thanks in advance

P

The most important thing to do prior to shooting it is to sell it to me. :D Seriously though just make sure it's lubed. Also check all the stock screws and pins to make sure the screws are tight and the pins are present.

Buy a copy of Joseph Scott's DVD.

Seriously.

I bought my first M1941 recently and it just arrived last week. While waiting on the rifle, I ordered and received the DVD. I watched part of it before, and part after, getting the rifle. It was nice to have while I took it apart for the first time so I knew what to look for as I went. It truly did answer questions as they came to me.

Thanks in advance

P

Check the length of the recoil spring. It should be 12 inches long. If not Mr. Scott has new ones for sale.

Thanks in advance

P

Make sure you have an extractor in your bolt. Many years ago it really sucked to find out the hard way it wasn't there.

Ok,

I got it and cleaned it. The sn# is A0929. It is in nice shape.

I took it out to shoot and it has a SUPER light trigger. I have two problems though;

1: It will not eject the case. The bolt comes back 1.5 inches though??

2: The rear sight moves a lot when fired?

Any thoughts on these issues.

Thanks in advance

Para

Check to make sure the recoil extension arm is in the recoil cup. If its not the extension will jam inside the stock about 1.5 in back. If you pop the cover at the back of the reciever you can see them. If you remove the stock, carefully use a cleaning rod to compress the recoil spring. This will tell you if its jamming in the recoil tube. Im sure the other guys will have some other ideas, let us know what the problem was for future reference. Good luck MARK

Check to make sure the recoil extension arm is in the recoil cup. If its not the extension will jam inside the stock about 1.5 in back. If you pop the cover at the back of the reciever you can see them. If you remove the stock, carefully use a cleaning rod to compress the recoil spring. This will tell you if its jamming in the recoil tube. Im sure the other guys will have some other ideas, let us know what the problem was for future reference. Good luck MARK

I checked the extension arm and it was in place. I also plunged the recoil spring and it did not stick but does feel a little weak???

How can I take it out?? Also where can I get a new spring for it.

Thanks

Para

I also need to send my rifle to Joseph Scott to look at.

I have had times where it fires a three round burst. I didnt load more than three.

I did install a new Mainspring and I thought that was the problem , but who knows.

I also tried doubling the firing pin spring to no avail.

Joe will let me know whats going on.

Joe, Please PM me so I can send this to you.

Thanks, M. Johnson

I checked the extension arm and it was in place. I also plunged the recoil spring and it did not stick but does feel a little weak???

How can I take it out?? Also where can I get a new spring for it.

Thanks

Para

Getting the recoil spring out is the fun part. Remove the two screws in the buttplate, then remove the buttplate. Please tell me it dosnt have a civilian buttpad on it. Once the plate is removed inside will be a large screw head. Make sure you have a good fitting screwdriver, as this screw is very fine threaded and under some pressure from the spring. Once the screw is out the spring should pull right out, the cup may also fall right out. Get in touch with MR.SCOTT they say he has new recoil springs. I'm having a similar problem with a paracarbine repro i'm working on,feeds and shoots great but it wont retract enough to eject the case. It becomes a great bolt action rifle at that point. Hopefully some of the others have ideas.