aml

WTB Johnson LMG mags in 303

13 posts in this topic

looking to buy Johnson LMG mags in 303 for Israeli johnson

if anyone got for sale or know where to find them

please ket me know

cheers

Just to let all know

I have found the mag a johnson LMG mag in 303 :)

came out of Israel

well it is a Israeli made johnson

if anyone would like to see pictures of it

let me know

Just to let all know

I have found the mag a johnson LMG mag in 303 :)

came out of Israel

well it is a Israeli made johnson

if anyone would like to see pictures of it

let me know

Yes, if you can post photos, I think some of us would be interested. I assume this is not a DROR?

Ed J

Yes i really would like to see what they look like. After our exchange about the mag i had , i've been looking around and asking with no luck.

Yes i really would like to see what they look like. After our exchange about the mag i had , i've been looking around and asking with no luck.

yes seems to be a very rare mag

know a collector in Israel and he found one

and he even said seem to be the only one in israel

and no not the DROR but the Israeli made cope of the Johnson LMG

will sort some picture out and post

once again ryche me big thanks for the time you spend looking and all the pictures

after you got back on line

aml Thanks please let me know if you happen to come across an MP-35 mag They are hard to find also. Do you ever see a bolt (lock) face for a VICKERS in 8mm? I badly need one of these also. I already have one in .303 and 11mm but really need one in 8mm. THANKS once again and looking forward to the photos.

The 1st model Dror was made in 303 with the horizontal mag. These were supposedly made in on machinery purchaced surplus from JAMCO. A Canadian firm had both 303 and 8mm versions for sale in the 80's. I have both a bbl and bolt assembly for the 303 Dror 2yuzk8i.jpg

The 1st model Dror was made in 303 with the horizontal mag. These were supposedly made in on machinery purchaced surplus from JAMCO. A Canadian firm had both 303 and 8mm versions for sale in the 80's. I have both a bbl and bolt assembly for the 303 Dror 2yuzk8i.jpg

The photo looks like a mixture of the '41 LMG barrel, bipod and receiver, but with a '44 LMG stock. Magazine appears as '41 LMG issue. Ed J

This is what the 303 Dror LMG bbl looks like in comparison to a 41 LMG bbl. Note the perforated fiber sleeve on the bbl to allow quick change without a glove

2u7215u.jpg

Brian is that what the fiber sleave is for ? You know i'm involved in putting together a type2 DROR and i always wondered why they would put that on there. It seemed a little light weight compared to the rest of the gun. Learn something new every day. Do you know of a book with good info on the DRORs ? There dosn't seem to be alot out there. Thanks MARK

hi

pictures of the Israeli Johnson/dror mag in

post-605-1257167100_thumb.jpg

and on weapon

post-605-1257166940_thumb.jpg

As for book on them not seen any

from the little i did read about them were only made for about 4 years by israel up to 53 / 54

aml thats a great looking piece the mag is much more curved than the JOHNSON mag. It looks so much like a 44 JLMG it not funny. No barrel sleeve looks like no provision for one this might cause a stir . I'm looking forward to the discussion to follow. Any luck on the MP35 mag? or the 8mm VICKERS bolt face? MARK