Brewski

Johnson 41 For Sale

6 posts in this topic

I have a great B series Johnson 41 for sale. It can be viewed on Gunbroker.com under item number 155250065 or under JTB1 (the ID number changes each time the auction renews...if you don't find it under the number, call me and I will give you the new number). If you have any questions or need more pictures call 443-621-0488.

Hey I think that would be the "Johnnygun" club There was a reference to the JSAR as "these new Johnnyguns" in a book called the Devils Brigade . Remember just because you don't have one in the collection dosn't mean you have to leave... RYCHE

That's a very nice looking rifle you have there. I wish I had the cash to buy it! I do however have a lot of trading material, guns, Military vehicles, etc. Any interest? TANKER

G'day everyone,

I too have a 1941 Johnson rifle for sale.

You can see it here http://www.karlsattic.com/41_Johnson/index.html

I hate to leave the Johnny club, but life goes on and finances don't.

Regards to all, Karl

Karl:

Your numbers and Marine history can use some adjustment, but moreso - the rear sight and repark on the magazine seem to infer rehab was done on this JSAR; and I would think the condition of the barrel would be cited if you post to the people at this site.

Best of luck,

John

Hello All, when a Johnson exhibits some "pitting," or whatever, on the receiver, can this be subdued by using a die grinder with a "scotch brite pad" and sort of smoothing the metal up? Please don't freak on me now. I've built several older military guns that had imperfections in the metal finish. I was able to use the die grinder with the "scotch brite" disc to smoothe and level up the surface of the sideplate of a M2Hb after rivetng on the sideplate for example. After parkerizing you couldn't tell there ever was a flaw. Since a lot of these guns have been "redone" by Cranston, or whoever...I can't see what "refurbishing", reparking, and refinishing the wood could possibly hurt. It's not as if you are removing the patina on an original firearm, now is it? Thanks, M48TANKER