Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Scott

Baltimore Show this weekend

10 posts in this topic

I will be at the Baltimore Gun Show this weekend with another Johnson collector. We will have several for sale. Come visit and bring yours to pow-wow. Joseph Scott

Joe, I just sent you an E-mail Ed J

Dear Mr Scott;

My Johnson and I will be looking forward to seeing you on Saturday at the Baltimore Arms Collectors Show.

Travil Safely;

john d kopke USCG-1961-1967.

Mitch, I no longer have a website. Still have all external restoration items and original bolt catches. Contact through messages and I will give direct email address. I use public library email and don't reply everyday, but will eventually. Joe

Saturday night report: We had six Johnson's for sale on our tables, three others for sale, various conditions from poor for $4000 to nice for $8000. A blued one walked in for showing. Met several other Johnson fans. As always heard several versions of Johnson's being carried in europe by someone's relative.

Final report. No Johnson's sold, nor much of anything throughout show. I did sell some parts. Attendance was much less than I remembered from 10 years ago. No one seemed to have money to buy much. Most everyone was at least 60 years old, only about 20-30 younger persons at show. Only about 10 guns seemed to come in the door that I saw. Maybe because it was only for antiques/C&R guns.

I flew into Baltimore and had no problems transporting firearms using Southwest Airlines. They allow two free checked bags up to 50# each. Houston asked to see firearms were unloaded. Baltimore didn't even want to look. Ticket agent(17yrs) said she had never been instructed on what to look for.

Security checks took about 30minutes (even with long lines) as they had four inspection points. This may seem off the subject but I thought it might be useful to someone considering flying to a show with firearms.

South Central Pennsylvania has a very well attended show coming up in York, PA. This is the "East Coast Small Arms Review Show" that usually attracts buyers. Since it is focused on military weaponry, I would guess that a Johnson display would attract attention. Note that the Thompson submachine gun folks (Thompson Collectors Assn.) presents a very nice multi-table display. These multi-table displays tend to be very pricey, however, the TSMG display being nearly %5K, if memory serves me correctly. I believe the SAR show is scheduled for April 30, May 1 and 2, 2010 and is held at the York, PA fairgrounds -- plenty of FREE parking!