M48TANKER

1941 Johnson #5288

2 posts in this topic

Well, today I picked up my second 1941 Johnson Winfield Deluxe Sporter. I STILL am looking for a completely military specimin! but the Sporters just keep finding their way to me. This rifle is beautiful and every bit as nice as the first one that I got. I haven't got a chance to do a complete disassembly yet, but it function checks OK. No bolt hold open but that doesn't bother me any. Again the parkerizing job is superb and the wood finish is immaculate, if a bit too shiney. The ramp sight still has the hood, but the rear sight has been replaced by a scope rail....easy enough to fix if I want to go back to the original sights. It was drilled and tapped on top so the holes will be covered by the original sight. Who knows, I might just put a scope back on it? Someday I'll get that all original military configuration rifle and my quest will be fulfilled. I'm still actively hunting for one. Cash is now running low....hehehe. M48TANKER

Hey Tanker If you get one with a Johnson comp. on the front end i need it. I might have something to trade to mil. spec. I know a guy got one recently from GUN BROKER But i can't remember who it was. My group is PVT. Johnson A 1941 JSAR. COL. Johnson A REpro para carbine. GEN. Johnson A Semi JLMG Light Machinegun. MR. Johnson A really nice post war deer rifle. And Rabbi Johnson A semi DROR in 8 mm. I'm working on the basic family. 5 Good Examples of about 7 possible. MR. Johnson just recently was fired in it's first form Blued barrel, blued rec. Front sight ears cut away ( i didn't do it. bought like that.) Fore stock smoothed and lightened( i didn't do this either) Mag housing is painted flat black. Nice aftermarket stock ETC ETC. ETC. Gen. is on the way. Finally got the BAR bipod Needed tO have the barrel lathed to fit the sight. The rec. is being cut to fit the mag housing. The COL. NEEDS The barrel Guide fitted and the front lathed to the shark fin to fit. The RABBI needs the Rec. cut to fit the DROR front end. Then welded and fit for the bolt and bolt carrier (wrong terminology I know and BRIAN will give me hell for this, but its late and the right parts names don't come to mind ) Keep rocking and rolling The stuff is out there as long as your looking. My project has been 7 long years in the making. It took off for about 2 years and now i'm at a standstill until i find a good machinist with a lathe. Keep talking with these guys about what you are looking for, we may be able to help. DO IT UP WE CAN BUILD THEM RYCHE.