Scattershot

Help in I.D.ing country this was made for

7 posts in this topic

In December 1983 I was in Sherwood International in Northridge Ca. buying some spare parts for my 41 Johnson.

One of the salesmans said that they had some 7mm Argintine barrels in the white for $40.00, not really nooding a 7mm barrel I passed on it. I wish I hadn't, as I could have used it for dimensions.

Then he said they had a different style of operating handle assy. He mentioned the country they were made for, but I can't remember which country. He said that they didn't like the original op handle, but prefered the M1 GARAND style op handle.

Since this op handle was so unique I couldn't pass it up and bought one.

Any help in I.D.ing which country this was made for would be greatly appreciated.

I have included pictures of it.

Scattershot

O.K. how do I add or uploaed pictures? I tought attaching files would do it but apparently not.

Scattershot

I posted a comment in the gallery. It's a later model 1944/ 1945 LMG cocking handle. They were developed as a result of US Army testing of LMG's at Fort Benning, Ga.

WOW WOW WOW That looks COOL Hey Webmaster how unusual are those, I've never seen one. OOOHHH I want one!!! :blink: :blink: :blink:

You say they were for the 44-45 LMG? Ryche

Thank you Webmaster for I.D.ing this item and Thank's to M48TANKER for helping me post the pictues.

Scattershot