Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marlin

need parts

6 posts in this topic

Need mainspring tube assy. mine's in poor shape spring 11" tube looks like it came back to far and got damaged.if any one has one or know where i can get one ,would appricate the info. thanks Darrell

Numrich Gun Parts Corp. still lists the mainspring tube. Springs are available also. The tube cap and buffer assembly and follower are hard to find. Joseph Scott may have them.

How do you remove the cap from the mainspring tube? It looks simple enough for a caveman to do, but I just can't get it loose. Any tips?

How do you remove the cap from the mainspring tube? It looks simple enough for a caveman to do, but I just can't get it loose. Any tips?

Dash-

If you have not discovered the Archive retrieval abilities of the website yet, I will get you started. A while back, an individual had the same question & problem that you do, in removing the mainspring tube cap.

On the Johnson 1941 Rifle Forums page-go to the bottom of the page-below all the questions & answers. In the middle of the solid blue line is-click here to show filter options

Click on arrow next to 30 days

click on Show All

Click GO

Go to page 6 @ bottom & find Need Help with Recoil Spring Tube Nut Removal-Dec. 15 2009 By Bentley 8

Good Luck

you can try bolt buster on the threads ,let it soak a while that should work. they are hard to get off sometimes.