Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slapdogg

Found this... take a look

7 posts in this topic

Thank You Chief, I just came back to this website after a long asbsence (I thought the site was taken down??) in any case nice to be back... I still have my little collection of 4 johnsons including two 7mm Chileans, and I am glad to be back in touch with the forum. I would like to change my handle on the board as I have not been using the old one for years.

Some story on that rifle, and thanks for clueing me in to what it actually is.

Regards, S

That must have been a popular mod style back then. I have seen pics of two others that looked alot like this one, unless they are all the same rifle hhhmmmmm!

Ryche

I concur with Jim Pullen above. Let the buyer beware.

Some things I noticed along with some questions about the rifle from the pictures, correct me if I am wrong: the front of the receiver has been chopped, How does the recoil mechanism function without the forward (not sure of the word for it) round element that fits on the barrel and slides into the cooling shroud. The stock appears to be a replacement, the barrel looks like a winfield that had its front end cut off, the rear sight assembly appears to be missing, and the receiver looks to be plated. Looks to me like the trigger guard is sitting to far back, as on originals the trigger shoe sits naturally in the rear portion of the bow, on this rifle it appears slightly front of center, and the rear return on the trigger guard has been lengthened an it is plated. Not sure about the bottom metal where the magazine goes... never seen anything like it. Original in any way shape or form?