Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
adam

WTB a 1941 Johnson Automatic Rifle

9 posts in this topic

I've been looking around and I'm trying to find a 1941 Johnson Automatic Rifle in good/restoreable condition. Joseph Scott said that I might have some luck posting here.

I live in central TX, but my C&R license should arrive soon so I'm open to entertaining out-of-state transactions as well. I realize that the Tulsa gun show is next month -- are Johnson Rifles typical fare there? Can I expect to see a few of them at any sort of reasonable price?

Thanks in advance!

"Can I expect to see a few of them at any sort of reasonable price?"

This all depends upon what you think a reasonable price is. Years ago, if a JSAR sold for$1000 that was amazing. After one truly nice gun sold at auction for $7000 a few years back, suddenly every closet queen was considered a priceless object, and came out of the closet. Today, occasionally some poor specimens have fetched $2500-3500, while really nice pieces are in the $5000 plus range. If no one bought one for these prices, the price would drop, but right now, it seems to be the norm.

The rifle and LMG values were coming up slowely until our book came out a few years ago. After that, prices went up very sharply.

In fairness, Canfield & Lamoreaux& Mowbray & myself didn't write and publish the book with collector values in mind. It was more "it needed to be written." As for future books, that will be up to others to decide. The door is open.

Adam-

Joseph Scott and myself are usually at the Tulsa show on Friday, a day before the general public is able to come in. We walk the show separately, but share information with each other. We will have most of the Johnson Rifles scoped out by that time. If you stop at Joseph,s table on Saturday, he will be able to give you some directions, as to where the individual Johnson,s are located. There are usually at least 4 to 5 Johnson's in the show, in addition to the ones that Joseph brings.

Joseph usually has one or more Johnson,s for sale at his table. I am sure he will share his table number with everyone.

Joseph: I'll be sure to stop by and visit.

Mike: Feel free to email me and we can discuss it. My email address is adam.mccurdy@gmail.com

Thanks!