Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ed Johnson

Merry Christmas

4 posts in this topic

At the risk of starting an avalanche of postings ;) , Merry Christmas to everyone on this board from the Melvin Johnson family. We're grateful to see the continued interest and support of Dad's inventions.

This has been a difficult year for some of us, especially those with medical issues and loss of family members. The economy has not been helpful, either, and we hope for improvement in 2013.

2012 is also ending with the very sad event in Newtown, CT which may cause some problems in the industry....no need to elaborate....but it shouldn't affect what occurs on this board. Perhaps we can focus on attracting younger members, including folks interested in gunsmithing, so that our knowledge and traditions may continue.

Let us also be especially grateful for the efforts by Webmaster Jim Pullen as he has continued to manage and improve the operation of this board, for the expert gunsmithing and Johnson replacement parts provided by Joe Scott, the research efforts and guidance by Brian Alpert and the technical advisories by Walt Liss. This year was a strong team effort all the way.

And so now, let's enjoy our families at this time of year, and then look forward to the New Year. :) Ed J

Well it has been a real rough year for me this past 2012-- Not to cry on your shoulders but if i was acting strangely I can tell you now that I am completely well. About 1 year ago today on the 27th Of December 2011 I was diagnosed with Stage 4A Throat cancer-- I have never drank or smoked so it was a big surprise to me. Turns out I had an up and coming new prevalent disease HPV type 16 cancer-- this is the cancer that Doctors are innoculating all children under age of 16 years-- I had a bunch of time to read up on this cancer and every one of you fellows that have children should find out about it-- it may save your child from going through the hell I had to go through-- Chemo therapy and Radiation even the new forms are still really severe insults to your body- Chemo therapy is the selective poisoning of your body-- Radiation is the selective killing of the Cancer cells-- I thank the Lord every day because i am cured and pray for the others that were in the cancer ward that didn't make it period- tough to think that you talked with them one day in the hallway and the next day they were gone. Young and old cancer knows no age limits --it kills all who have it indiscriminately-- So please do some research and get your children or grandchildren innoculated against this killer-- One doctor I had said it is the new upcoming AIDS epedemic of our lifetime--So all of you out there i hope you had a Merry Christmas; or a great Holiday and I wish you all a Happy New Year!

oldtirediron,

Glad to hear you are doing well.

Hope the upcoming year treats you better.

To you and all of the forum members have a Happy New Year !!!!!!!!!!!