metrotps

Johnson spotted for sale

35 posts in this topic

Dang! Yep, got to the WAC from time to time. In the Guard still, always seems to fall on drill weekend. You didn't buy it?

I thought about it but I have been spending money a little too much lately... and I really don't "need" it... It did have the sheath too...

You can pretend that it was an overpriced reproduction. The reproductions sold once by Numrich Gun Parts were so close to perfect that they can fool a lot of folks. They last had them at about $95.00 or so.

Memorize the bayonet section of this website so you'll know how to spot them.

Now the $150.00 for the repro might be the best price you can find anymore.

Might be my best shot at a bayo (repro). My Johnson should arrive Monday, can't wait! I have not heard from Mr Scott for a while, I hope he is doing OK. I would like to order a stock set from him.

In response to the last post on the last page....

Johnson are more addictive than most drugs and twice as expensive... :lol:

I know how you feel I've got two that work and i'm working on three more.

Ryche

Ryche.... Not sure I wanted to hear that! My wife is pretty understanding, but sometimes she just shakes her head. I am going by the "investment" excuse, which is probably not a bad excuse, but that is not the reason I want things like this. More for the history and the cool factor!

An hour until the post office is open!

Just got it..... it is outstanding! I will post some pictures later. Metal is almost perfect. Sporterized wood. Bore is perfect, crown is perfect. The metal finish appears original. I am familiar with military/parkerized finish, I don't think this was re-done. Letters still have "ridges" on them.

Now, a military wood set, and I am in business.... Bayo too!

Spankybear..... you could have doubled your money on that bayonet LOL!

They are a bit addicting!

Steve In my wifes defense i inherited alot of the Johnson stuff from my father. He started the project in 1965 by picking up alot of parts that were readily available for very little money.

Out of the parts he and i built the sporter model we call Mr.Johnson. The standard JSAR in military config. ( Private Johnson) was gotten at a swap meet about 13 or 14 years ago for $200.

Col. Johnson( The para carbine) is still in work on phase but getting very close. Gen Johnson( the semi LMG) is still a ways out but have all the parts finally.

And Rabbi Johnson(Israeli DROR Pattern 2) is needing the most work as i need a really good welder to mate the DROR and JSAR rec.s together in the correct length to make her function correctly.

I have been collecting up parts for years to get all these set up and that goes along with the Mausers and Lugers and broomhandles and etc. etc. etc.

Let her shoot it when you get it to the range that might help. Plus check your recoil spring length should be 12 inches if its shorter you risk damage or hard recoil.

Good luck and let us know how she looks inside as well if there is no prefix on the serial # the guys here can give you the run down on matching parts.

Ryche

Ryche.... incredible set you have! Very cool. Great to have extra parts too, I am sure they get more rare and time goes on. Mine is an early B prefix, wish it was from the first block, be cool to know it's history. I think you should post up some pics of your Johnson set!

I'll see what i can do i always need my wife's help for that as I'm better with guns than computers.

Still looking to swap a rec with anybody putting together a rifle. mine has the cuts for the LMG lower in the wrong place but it will work fine for a rifle and is not visible when on the stock.

Let me know if you come across one to trade. :)

Ryche