amish-bob

Here's a family pic

10 posts in this topic

Here's a pic of the kids. I spent the last year working on these 3 guns. And, thanks to a couple members here, I've gotten this far. I'm waiting on another friend to get me a rotary mag for the rifle and the mag housing for the LMG clone. I'm currently working on mounting an M14 bipod on the LMG

nd1smp.jpg

If you can get one a BAR bipod would be closer to the orig. bipod. Sarco had them awhile back when i got one for mine. I have the blueprint for the conversion unit for the BAR bipod i got from another member here. Would be happy to send you a copy. Good luck on the MG mag housing, they are tough to find. When i finally found one, i paid a pretty penny for it only to find that some joker had cut the rear support off. With help on this Site i was able to get a casting of the part and now need to get it machined and attached to get mine almost finished. The family is looking good....Oh Sarco also had rotary mags and might still, i believe they are in the $200-$250 range if they still have them. If you have trouble finding one let me know.... Ryche

I have several new old stock round magazines (stripped) for $125 ea. I am getting very close on project for the lmg mag carrier. All the sheet metal is formed, need to make end supports and do some welding. Having 10 built. Hope vendor will finish them this month, been a long, slow effort. Will post pictures when ready.

Thank you, dash. ryche_me, I'm pretty fixated on the M14 bipod. I had a BAR bipod that I was going to use but after staring at my bosses original bipod, I chose the M14. It's different but it will be close enough. Besides, the BAR bipod I had sold at Knob Creek, this time. Joe, I'm still holding out that my buddy will come up with the rotary mag that he promised me. I'm also hoping he has the LMG mag carrier that he mentioned but I'm not quite as hopeful on that one. Please keep me posted on your repro's

Joe: would it be possible to have an extra rear end support made while he is making them? I could use one very badly. Brian made a cast for me some time back, but i have not got a good guy with milling equip. to make one for me. If the possibility is there let me know how much. Ryche

Allen, I have sent you messages on here and the 1919 forum. Thanks! Rob

Thanks Ed! It was a fun journey! I just hope it shoots with the new barrel. But, I need to hear back from Allen now.....