Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dash

Article about the Johnson Auto-carbine

7 posts in this topic

I saw that and wasn"t sure till i saw that Canfield wrote the article.. May have to do that now. Any other info beside whats in "The Book" ?

What is the date of issue on this magazine, so that we can obtain copies? And thank you for spotting the article. Ed J

Sorry guys, all it has for a date is 2015. As usual, lots of color pictures. I recall years ago when I first saw these magazines that there were almost NO color pics. Thank goodness that's changed.

As for the content. It covers from the C96 and TT-33 pistols to the M1917 and M38 Carcano and lots of stuff in between. There is a neat write up with pics of a Japanese SLR.

Its on the shelves now, i just saw it two days ago. it said to display until Dec. Price is about $10. When i saw it, It was at a Wal Mart neighborhood market. Thats kinda like their version of a grocery store.

Ryche

I picked up a few copies of the magazine & article. Will review it over the weekend. Ordering from the publisher was a waste of time. Thanks for the info.

I reviewed the recent article by Bruce Canfield in the 2015 recent annual edition of MILITARY SURPLUS magazine concerning the very rare JOHNSON AUTO CARBINE. I do recommend the article to Johnson Website readers as well as to the Johnson Gun Club members. It gives a good description of the gun itself as well as a decent, brief summary of the Model 1941 Johnson Rifles and Machine Guns themselves during WWII. It is somewhat similar in content to the previous article Bruce wrote back in 2007 for the January edition of AMERICAN RIFLEMAN. Both articles contain very decent color photos of the carbine, especially MILITARY SURPLUS. The subject of the Johnson Auto Carbine is covered in detail, as most of you know, in Canfield's book JOHNSON'S RIFLES and MACHINE GUNS, now in its second printing by Mowbray Publishing in Rhode Island.