Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RonnyMcDYO

Operating Handle Spindle spring

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, new guy here from the Great White North. I am in need of the little spring that sits inside the operating handle and keeps pressure on the pin. My father in laws Johnson didn't come with one for whatever reason and some how the pin stayed in place, my guess is dirt, corrosion or a ham fisted monkey got it to stay. So after cleaning it the operating handle wont stay in position when the action is worked and my father in law is very upset with me, so I am in pretty desperate need for the spring. Does anyone have a lead on this part or the operating handle assembly?

Thanks.

SARCO sells the entire operating handle for 200 bucks. That's the route I went to replace my handles missing parts.

Sarco is sold out on operating handles.  Find a small coil spring that will fit if the rest of the operating handle assembly is complete.

Ronny,

Let us know if you get a spring. If you can't find one then I have a big box of gun springs which I bought from a gun shop going out of business. I have several Johnsons but never took the charging handle apart to see the spring inside. I'll try to check out one of my guns and match up a spring if I can. You can message me through this board and let me know if you still need one.