GLeal

reshaping winfield sporter stock

4 posts in this topic

Hi , I read with great interest a reference from member m48tanker about his ability to reshape sporter stocks. That is exactly what I am interested in having done to my sporter. It cam with original military barrel and a deluxe barrel. I purchased an original butt plate but do not have the nerve or skill set to fit it properly, I am new to this forum and am unsure how to contact an individual with questions. I am hoping you folks can connect me to M4tanker and that he in turn would be willing to try this project, and fort how many$$ ? Thanks all

You can do a decent job modifying a sporter to military configuration.  The hard part is replacing the covered stock bolt and cover screws which stabilize the recoil tube.  It certainly helps if you have an original stock to guide the shaping.  Sometimes you have to trim the buttplate to fit the wood which often is slightly narrower.  Here is one of my "attempts" and no, I am not interested in doing any more although I have 2 to sell.

DSCN2885.JPG

DSCN2887.jpg

DSCN2888.jpg

DSCN2889.jpg

DSCN2890.jpg

DSCN2891.jpg

Brian,

Great job on reshaping that stock. Particularly the round plug on the right side. You matched the grain about as well as could be done! That looks really nice.

What do you want for your other stocks? Thanks,

M48TANKER

Gleal,

Check your messages.

Brian:  I’m interested in a stock as well.