Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brian Alpert

Will wonders never cease

18 posts in this topic

Holy CRAP...literally! You really have to wonder if it was a working gun to start with or not....

Also have to wonder if the project stalled as the 'bubba in charge' figured out something was  terribly off or wrong in a bad way....maybe totally unrecoverable?

Dad is spinning slowly. He says it would be much faster but that he's laughing too hard.

Oh come on guys!!! Nothing that a cutting torch can't take care of!! :o

Well, according to the auction at least four people think it is recoverable or worth something. Maybe, but I surely wouldn't want to put in the effort.

Just now, Bruce Canfield said:

The quality of the workmanship is amazing! lol

It surely is, how bad it is is hard to fathom.

Sold for $1,105.00. I may well be wrong, but from the pictures the only parts that I saw that would be sure to be okay would be the trigger/sear FCG. Does anybody really think the reciever or LMG parts are salvagable?

Buyer is truly an optimist, visionary, magician....or all 3???

I would like to find a jsar receiver, but I couldn’t bring myself to chase that one.

That magazine housing was put on with brazing which isn't nearly as hot and hard to fix as welding. The receiver is possibly recoverable, the magazine housing I'm not confident of, but as mentioned I wouldn't want any piece of that thing.

Admittedly, I don't know much about gun-smithing. I am curious to whether the person that did that lives in a state where abortion is illegal? If so, he should go directly to jail.

I'm a quadriplegic and could have done a better job... lol

The truly amazing things to me are that there were 22 bids and that it sold for $1105 :o

2 hours ago, metrotps said:

The truly amazing things to me are that there were 22 bids and that it sold for $1105 :o

I agree.

Hard to see how one can come out on that one.  The sear block/trigger assembly ($150) may be OK.  After lot of effort getting off the braze, the receiver might be machined and repurposed for a 41LMG look-a-like or Dror semi.  The magazine support assembly looks to be toast.  With functional receivers in the $1K range, why bother with this mess.