Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rarecat

A present for the members

10 posts in this topic

Enjoy these scanned images....  thinking about making some posters of cleaned up versions....

Org JSAR.jpg

Org_LMG.jpg

Nice...many thanks

Please do. Very nice. You can count on me to buy a set.

Would make great art pieces. Thanks 

I think these would be interesting and I would also like to buy a set. Walt Liss had some drawings he considered also, but his house fire some years ago destroyed some of that material. And if there is some way to address the points Joe Scott makes above, we should consider it.  ej

All, 

These two diagrams came from Appendix 4 of Melvin Johnsons book "Automatic Arms".   I already have a set of these images with the yellowing removed, these could be easily reproduced, possibly combining the two images into a single poster.   In addition to these two diagrams, I have 6 different JA posters  The first one contains these two images combined, made to look like a blueprint (yellow print on a blue background). The other posters were made by Johnson Automatics, one for the JSAR, one for the LMG, one for Ammo, one for Handguns of the world and finally Machine guns of the world.  The First three are clean and could be reproduced, the last two are mounted and heavily yellowed.  All have the Johnson Automatic logo and address information on them

There are a few graphics shops in town which might be able to copy these into posters, I'll see if its possible and cost effective.  I'll take some pictures of the posters and post them and maybe make a poll to gauge interest.....

@Ed Johnson  Ed, please send me your address and I'll send you some clean, plain B&W copies of the two images from your fathers book.  It would be an honor and privilege.  When and if I get the posters made, you'll get a set of those as well.  My email address is rarecat@aol.com

Frank

My thoughts on no buffer is that when they settled on the spike bayonet, they lightened the spring for the extra recoil weight, but had to add the buffers for additional recoil without the bayonet.  Then removed wood to keep weight the same.  Just my speculation.