Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blueheeler

J A marked barrel

7 posts in this topic

I was checking out the numrich arms website when I saw that they had a barrel listed under M 1941 rifle parts. There was no picture, but the price was low so I decided to take a chance and order the the barrel. I  Received it today and it is of course not an M 1941 barrel. I assume that it is  barrel for a sporting rifle conversion.  Any further info is appreciated. Its 24 inches long.

20220114_103123.jpg

20220114_103025.jpg

20220114_102951.jpg

I don' t believe it is for 1941 model.  Incorrect markings for that model and I can't see if it has steps for lug and front sight.  Suspect it is for their after war sporter production. 

If you paid much more than $150, I would return, as it is definitely not a JSAR barrel, and thus not worth any 'premium'. Definitely poorly described if sold as for JSAR. More than probably, that was why there was no photos. However, very surprised that Numrich would have listed it as a JSAR barrel, as they know the parts.

18 minutes ago, ArtR said:

If you paid much more than $150, I would return, as it is definitely not a JSAR barrel, and thus not worth any 'premium'. Definitely poorly described if sold as for JSAR. More than probably, that was why there was no photos. However, very surprised that Numrich would have listed it as a JSAR barrel, as they know the parts.

It was clearly listed as a m1941 barrel, so it is going back, unless anyone here wants it, then they can have it for my cost.

It may be for an 03 Springfield variant. I have a buddy who needed to replace his badly corroded barrel and we found a JA marked barrel at a show that was an excellent replacement. The fit was good to the rec. and headspace was not an issue. shoots nice and straight.

Depending on what you paid for it, if it is a Springfield replacement, Broker might be a good place to move it.

Ryche

It appears to be, as suggested above, a Johnson Sporter barrel in 30:06 but I cannot be sure if it is for Springfield or Mauser or other receiver setup. The Mauser 98 mentioned above would be the most likely.  It is definitely not a 1941 JSAR barrel. I agree that it is surprising for Numrich to make such a mistake. Hopefully, they will co-operate and credit you accordingly, especially if they advertised it as 41 JSAR. If they do not, please advise. I do not have any direct contact at Numrich after George died years ago, but I can drop them a note if it will help.