Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rarecat

Opinion Requested - LMG Handguard

8 posts in this topic

20220512_110715.jpg

My LMG Clone is missing a "correct" style bipod so I fashioned one to work with the Semi Auto receiver front screw mount point.  When the LMG was first introduced, it had a JSAR Forend stock and since I have the mount points I'm considering switching the front out....

So, my question is which would you do, LMG & incorrect Bipod or JSAR front stock?

112EDE00-85BA-4F91-AC88-FFC2EFD99DAF.jpegRarecat how could you even consider such a thing!

I used a BAR bipod on mine and was told by brian alpert it was an accepted replacement.

I will have to check if i have his blueprints on the conversion unit for it. or i can post pics of the unit i got from him several

years ago.

Ryche

Early versions of '41 JLMG did use a BAR bipod. Joe is correct on that. Check the JR&MG Canfield book. At one point, Joe Scott made up circa 12 or 20 JLMG bipods with the later design as you see on the MATSCONCRETE image above. He reverse-engineered them from an actual JLMG Bipod. I could not tell the difference. This was before Joe's eyesight took a turn for the worse. C'est la vie....

I'm currently using an M14 style on a modified picatinny rail.  Since my clone is built on a JSAR receiver it does not have the LMG bipod mounting block, it still has the fore end screw mount which I'm using for the rail.  I have the LMG bipod block and if I ever stumble across a proper bipod, I'll get the block welded into place.   

This is just a fun exercise to see what others think and stimulate some activity on the board.