ArtR

4-16-2023 New link for items seen

96 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2023 at 11:09 PM, M48TANKER said:

The only thing I noticed is that the forestock has some sort of "reinforcing pin" installed. This is evident on both sides.

I have one with this as well, looks to have been nicely filled in with plastic wood.  Something the Dutch did????

20230819_141556 (2).jpg

20230819_141504 (2).jpg

1 hour ago, Ww2Collector said:

Looks to be re parkerized to my eyes. But could be wrong

I agree - Also, I cannot make out what the Red is on the ejector?

I have serious questions about both front and rear cross pins and fore stock as well as a few screw heads, and bayonet lug pins. There may be more that I am missing.

16 minutes ago, ArtR said:

I have serious questions about both front and rear cross pins and fore stock as well as a few screw heads, and bayonet lug pins. There may be more that I am missing.

Agreed 100%

8 hours ago, JSDKMS said:

I agree - Also, I cannot make out what the Red is on the ejector?

I think it is the red background showing through the receiver opening.

14 hours ago, JSDKMS said:

NEW ON GB - 

Item 1005073781

The "forestock" is one of the Sporter type, which does not have the notch cut out on the right rear corner near the mag well. This means that if it has a front take down pin it will just be a piece of metal dowel rod...or I have seen a fiberglass rod used. The rear takedown pin appears to be just a metal dowel also with no rotating retainer clip.

Because of the shortened taper pins in the bayonet lug and the front sight, and no visible markings of the Gladius swords or J. A. or caliber designation can be seen through the holes of the radiator. I'm pretty sure it's a replacement barrel. The magazine spring is wrong also. The pictures below will show what should be there and then another pic of the auction rifle showing some of the irregularities. All in all it's still a nice Johnson and wouldn't take much to make it right.Gunbroker offering.JPG

Front pin and clip retainer.jpg

barrel marking.jpg Gladius sword barrel mark.JPG

8 hours ago, M48TANKER said:

The "forestock" is one of the Sporter type, which does not have the notch cut out on the right rear corner near the mag well. This means that if it has a front take down pin it will just be a piece of metal dowel rod...or I have seen a fiberglass rod used. The rear takedown pin appears to be just a metal dowel also with no rotating retainer clip.

Because of the shortened taper pins in the bayonet lug and the front sight, and no visible markings of the Gladius swords or J. A. or caliber designation can be seen through the holes of the radiator. I'm pretty sure it's a replacement barrel. The magazine spring is wrong also. The pictures below will show what should be there and then another pic of the auction rifle showing some of the irregularities. All in all it's still a nice Johnson and wouldn't take much to make it right.Gunbroker offering.JPG

Front pin and clip retainer.jpg

barrel marking.jpg Gladius sword barrel mark.JPG

Great info - Thanks

SN B2239 Closed auction on GB that we may have missed, sporter

This just surprised me too. It must of been a very short auction duration or perhaps they ended the auction. I search these almost daily and it never showed up. 

21 hours ago, camstuff said:

This just surprised me too. It must of been a very short auction duration or perhaps they ended the auction. I search these almost daily and it never showed up. 

Yeah, I know. I only found it by searching again for  only "M1941" vs Johnson 1941

SN 2275 another one that we may have missed

SN 6846 seen on Gun Broker...has some issues

yeah, that one  (B2182) has been making the rounds on various auctions sites since Dec 2021....do not think it has sold, that is why the movement

On 8/6/2023 at 9:51 AM, ArtR said:

SN B2141 seen on Morphys Auctions sporter

SN B0498 seen on Morphys Auctions military

SN B2141 Sold for $2,600. Add 26% ($676) for auction premium, that takes it to a bit under $3,300 before tax and shipping. I believe someone got a great deal, even if it was to be used for parts.

While not for sale,  JSAR seen in a YouTube Short, I tried several screen captures, but I had a hard time trying to read SN ?? 1169 ?? Anyone with better eyes than mine?

Screenshot from 2023-09-12 09-36-22.png

3 hours ago, ArtR said:

While not for sale,  JSAR seen in a YouTube Short, I tried several screen captures, but I had a hard time trying to read SN ?? 1169 ?? Anyone with better eyes than mine?

I played with it on photoshop, I make it 1169 as well.

Yeah, I did basically the same thing.....convert to grayscale, and invert to make a negative, and it really looked like 1169, but I wanted to see what others thought. I have not seen 1169 before. Appears to be a complete military with heavily  refinished stock, less stock cheeks,  cannot see front cross pin and retaining clip?

Screenshot from 2023-09-12 13-30-21.jpg

Yeah, I can't see the front cross pin either...  

SN B2759 seen on Gun Broker

Barrel looks suspicious - roll pins hammered into bayonet lug?  Pin groove forward of the barrel collar, Garand barrel?  Front sight almost at the muzzle.