Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Scott

Tulsa report

4 posts in this topic

I sold two military Johnson's, one refinished, for $3500 with poor original barrel, buyer promptly priced it for $5000 on his table. I had suggested he price it at $4200 with bayonet. The other one was extremely nice with many accessories. Saw two others for sale, kind on tired, for $4900 and $3900. $3900 one had Remington 81 operating handle on it and had case stuck in chamber indicating bad chamber. Offered $3000, no deal. Three of us ate lunch and I am glad to report Tom Wygants hip replacement was very successful. Left saturday evening so I don't know if the other rifles sold. Brand new Blue Book price does not reflect actual current prices. Shows $4500 for 100% gun. If you want to get in on friday, they sell dealers badges without a table for $25 at 1:00 pm fridays. Great chance to shop and buy first.

Joe

Thanks for the update. Will be interesting if the rifle did not sell to see when will it appear on an online auction and what will it sell for...sure you have SN to verify. Sure wish I could jump on a plane and attend some of these shows....really sounds interesting. I missed the West Springfield (Eastern States) Show in March. Got my dates mixed up....it sure was nice to see you guys last year....and the tables like old "gun shows"...where one could just setup a few guns and display...not having to have them for sale... I really miss those days.

ArtR

Just got off the phone with Walt Liss at L & M Hospital in New London, CT

He had a hip repair operation early this morning (Wed) and sounds fine on the phone. He says that his Doctor hopes that this will add 1 to 2 inches to his "short" leg so he'll be able to walk more "normally" when fully recovered.

However, there really isn't anything "normal" about Walt, especially if they are giving him heavy pain medication, so stay tuned.

Walt expects to only be kept at L & M for a couple more days, so if anyone wants to contact him to say hello, he is in room 4206, at 860 442 0711 Ext. 2820

And, he is already bored out of his mind, because the nurses have all been warned to try and stay out of his reach unless they are working in pairs.

He gives his best to everyone. Ed J

Bad news.....Walt Liss is recovering very fast....and the nurses can't wait to get rid of him.

They got him out of bed today and had him walking with crutches, but he started moving too fast and almost got one of the nurses cornered, so they had to pick him up and put him back in bed again.

Walt says the medications are great, by the way.

But he actually did promise me that he would obey his physical therapist to the letter in terms of proper exercises for recovery....and I actually think he means it this time.

Then again, of course, there is always the Harley Davidson............Ed J