Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sgt.Hollywood

My Johnson M1941 A9143

15 posts in this topic

Posted here this fall for the 1st time and promised info on my rifle. Here it is. Also took ALOT of pics.........

Receiver #A9143

Magazine #D9014

Trigger Housing #B3436

Hammer #C6445 or 06445?

Barrel #0352J

Firing pin #G9944 or 69944?

Extractor #F9983

Bolt #C3633

Locking cam #E1894

M1941011.jpg

M1941010.jpg

M1941009.jpg

M1941007.jpg

M1941006.jpg

M1941005.jpg

M1941004.jpg

M1941001.jpg

Great series of shots! That's almost a teaching tool for new JSAR owners. I thought I knew mine fairly well, but I can't seem to figure the long part with an M or W in a circle leaning on the reciever with the FP in the background - is that the link? Also, I have red sight numbers. Any distinction in that re: year made?

John

Great series of pictures on a "cherry" JSAR. Note the larger than usual stock "cheeks" and the painted instead of Parkerized or "blackened" type 3 rear sight. Real nice looking rifle.

My photography skills are not that great so having a decent camera and tripod helps. I used the macro setting for almost all the pics. The flash really glared most of the stuff though.

The rear sight is painted black and has some chipping on the windage adjustment knob. The stamped elevation #s are painted in a pale yellow (or white and then oil or solvent changed its color?). As to red paint vs. year of manufacture, I have not a clue. I have no idea when my rifle was made because Mr. Canfields book says that many guns were produced out of sequence.

The circle with an M marking is a raised marking found on one of the "legs" on the link.

Now for wishful thinking!!!!!!!! What if this was a Marine Corps weapon?!?!?!?!

That is a joke of course------but it would be fun :rolleyes:

If more pictures are wanted I will try and take them......Thanks for such a great board!

oh yeah, one more thing, anyone have an original bayonet in cherry shape to help me complete this weapon? An original stock booklet? I guess I'll keep on dreaming!

Great looking rifle! AND excellent photos!

Wow, look at all the parts and pieces...did you get it all back together...sure hope there were not any leftovers! :-)

Enjoy!

ArtR

NICE JOHNSON...LOOKS LIKE THE ONE THAT SOLD IN THE GUNRUNNER AUCTION...IT IS A BEAUTY...

Great looking rifle. I just joined this forum a few days ago and this in my first post. I've been looking at Johnsons for several years now. I couldn't afford one ten years ago, and just waited for a "bargain" to come along. I can't tell you how many $1000.00 rifles I passed up looking for just the right one! Now, that I've waited so long...I still can't afford one, but my wife wants it, so I'll just have to let her have one. Here I am again...looking for just the right one. I can only hope to find one as nice as yours. Great pictures too. I have more "trading material", as in other firearms, than I have cash. I'm hoping to make a deal with someone? If you have a nice 1941 Johnson for sale or trade, partial trade plus cash? just let me know. Thanks and hello everyone! M48TANKER....Vietnam Vet, 1969/1970.