Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryche_me

WTT Johnson LMG bolt in Brit .303

6 posts in this topic

Believe I have a DROR .303 Johnson LMG Bolt (not sure) in good condition. Father's had it in his shop for years.

What I need is a Johnson LMG 30.06 Bolt. Would be willing to trade bolt faces or entire bolt.

Please contact me if interested.

Thanks!

Mark

Mark, Post some pictures of the Dror 303 bolt, Particularly where the op handle attaches. Will a 41 op handle work with a 303 Dror bolt? I have a 41 LMG bolt I might consider trading.

Yes, the bolts look identical except for the bolt face. I have a '41 op handle on it right now.

Currently, my digital camera is broken, but I should be replacing it soon. Please stay in touch - I'm definitely interested!

The LMG bolt front is similar but different from the rifle bolt. The stop cutouts are longer and different angle. I have succesfully made LMG bolts from rifle ones. Contact me, my email is working. If you have an original LMG barrel, the inside locking lugs in the rear collar need inspecting, they may be slightly hammered. Using a rifle bolt in the LMG usually causes the gun to run-away without stopping.

The .303 bolt face that I have is from a DROR LMG. It's direct copy of a Johnson LMG. The DROR was designed from a Johnson LMG by a Johnson employee at the time. The DROR bolt mates up and locks with a Johnson '41 barrel. I don't have an LMG barrel to double-check, but I assume that it fits.

What I need is a 30.06 LMG bolt face to complete my paratroop model. I'm also looking for 2 '41 rifle bolt faces. I am willing to trade 2 bolt rears and recoil extensions... or a trigger group (minus the hammer).