Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
uhjohnson

first generation butt plate

5 posts in this topic

Nonsense! That is a 03-A3 buttplate modified to fit a (Winfield) sporter stock. Note that the stock key screws are covered. There is only 1 JSAR buttplate. The JLMGs, on the other hand, had a couple of experimental designs. $3926 would be a good price for an original. It is top dollar for a sporter.

Nonsense! That is a 03-A3 buttplate modified to fit a (Winfield) sporter stock. Note that the stock key screws are covered. There is only 1 JSAR buttplate. The JLMGs, on the other hand, had a couple of experimental designs. $3926 would be a good price for an original. It is top dollar for a sporter.

what appears not to be original besides the buttplate

The buttstock is certainly not original. The PG has the wrong curve and the stock key holes are covered over...like a Winfield standard sporter. I would have to examine the bbl for appropriate markings to determine originality. The rest looks OK from a distance.

Hey Brian knows his stuff! I would take is opinion visual or otherwise any time! If you have the money Keep looking sometimes guys on this site are selling much better examples that that one. You might check with M48 Tanker, i think he was looking to trade or sell one awhile back. Ryche