Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
M48TANKER

Book at auction

11 posts in this topic

Here is an auction,(not mine), for a book that someone might want. Not the greatest condition, but useful. TANKER

eBay item: 1941 366pg Book on Automatic Arms by Johnson & Haven (#200523329844)

Thanks for the heads up. I placed a $30 bid on it and it's at $23. It would be nice to have , but I'll go no higher. If someone else wants , go for it.

Chris

I have a copy and have really enjoyed it. I have recommended it to several people, none of whom own Johnson rifles, because it is such a good book and very little of it is on his rifles specifically anyway. I thought I was familiar with a lot of uncommon gun mechanisms, but the book covers several I had never heard of. I still have not seen them covered elsewhere.

After reading it, I'm very surprised it isn't a lot better known in the gun world. Few people outside of the "Johnson world" have heard of it, which is a shame.

I am lucky enough to own two books that have been signed by Melvin Johnson himself. His books are often found in websites that specialize in old/antique books.

I bought almost every book from Melvin Johnson through this site: http://www.abebooks.com/

Never had any problems and got what I paid for. The only one missing is his book on ammunition, I guess that will be my next birthday present.

Interesting is: if you search for books from the author Melvin Maynard Johnson, you will get a lot of hits on books about freemasonry. I know from "the book" that "our" Melvin Johnson was active in freemasonry, but I wonder if he wrote some books on this subject too.

Anyone know something about this?

thanks

Adriaan

I've wondered the same thing. I knew he was in the Freemasons from the book too, and the book publishing dates fit in with the time he would have written them, but didn't know if I could put two and two together and get the right answer or not.

Jim,

do you happen to know which books that were?

Adriaan

I am lucky enough to own two books that have been signed by Melvin Johnson himself. His books are often found in websites that specialize in old/antique books.

I bought almost every book from Melvin Johnson through this site: http://www.abebooks.com/

Never had any problems and got what I paid for. The only one missing is his book on ammunition, I guess that will be my next birthday present.

Interesting is: if you search for books from the author Melvin Maynard Johnson, you will get a lot of hits on books about freemasonry. I know from "the book" that "our" Melvin Johnson was active in freemasonry, but I wonder if he wrote some books on this subject too.

Anyone know something about this?

thanks

Adriaan

I went to that website and did find the book on ammunition. It's there if you want it!

Home > Search Results > Book Details

View Larger Image

Ammunition;: Its history, development and use, 1600 to 1943 -.22 BB cap to 20 mm. shell,

Melvin Maynard Johnson

Bookseller: Books From California (Simi Valley, CA, U.S.A.)

Bookseller Rating:

Quantity Available: 1

Price: US$ 46.65

Convert Currency

Shipping: US$ 4.50

Within U.S.A.

Destination, Rates & Speeds

30 Day Returns Policy

About the Book Bookseller & Payment Information

About the Book

Bibliographic Details

Publisher: W. Morrow

Publication Date: 1943

Binding: Unknown Binding

Book Condition: Good

Edition:

Description:

Bookseller Inventory # mon0000489653

TANKER

Jim,

do you happen to know which books that were?

Adriaan

"For All Men And All Time" was written by Melvin M. Johnson, Sr., a 33 degree Mason and was published privately by the Supreme Council of the Scottish Rite in Boston, MA in 1946. The book is hard cover containing 50 pages.

Ed,

thank you

Tanker: thanks, I will ask the seller for a picture and might buy it if it's oke.

greetings

Adriaan