Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dash

Extractor

10 posts in this topic

Would someone please post a picture(s) of a Johnson extractor. The one in mine seems to work ok when cycling dummy rounds through by hand, but with a chunk of the claw gone, I'm worried extraction may not be so good when firing live rounds. I may need a new "to me" one.

Dash, Numrich Gun Parts shows Johnson extractors in stock.

(317240B JOHNSON SEMI AUTO 1941 Extractor, .30-06 $21.80)

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Search.aspx?filter=1941+Johnson+extractor

You can also contact Joe Scott on this forum. He has a lot of parts in stock and makes a few also. Great guy to do business with. M48TANKER

I ordered an extractor from Numrich...my original is fine, just wanted one as an extra. The Numrich extractor is not original(no numbers stamped in to it), it is a reproduction. I notice the repro was a bit thicker than my original. It did not fit. But I believe you can have it fitted. I ended up finding another original USGI extractor on gunbroker. :)

I can post pics of the original and repro side by side if anyone is interested. Just let me know.

Received the extractor today and it went right in. After comparing it to the one that came in the gun, it has a slight bow that the other does not have.

Next step...buying ammo to feed the baby. Thank goodness there's a gun show this weekend.

Well thats good also. I was thinking if you were going to the same show i was, we could meet and swap stories. Anyway good luck at the show, hope you find all you need at good prices. B)

Ryche