Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Scott

Back in the shop

8 posts in this topic

I have started back in the shop working on machines. Working on a new run of front sights that I started months ago. Ran lathe today for barrel bayonet lug. Still having trouble with close up items such as front pin retainers. Caught up on all small orders. Trying to build up inventory for numerous items. Thanks for everyone's patience and concern. Joe

Joe, it's great to hear you are back at it. We've got to keep you healthy....there is no one to replace you. You are unique in this world. If I wasn't 63, I'd ask to be your apprentice. TANKER

Joe Thats a good thing glad to heart you'r feeling a little better.

Tanker: Good to hear from you again. How are you doin?

Ryche

Joe

Welcome back. Take your time, take your med's, and wear your eye/ear protection!

Glad to hear things are better and you are on the mend.

Best wishes

ArtR

Great to hear you are doing well !! I really know what it is to be out of the shop! I am just getting back to normality!! I spent the first 5 months of the year mostly as an Inpatient then an outpatient in a hospital 100 miles from my home. So give yourself time get well and hopefully stay well!

Hello Joe,

Good to hear you're doing better and back in the shop.

I've post a topic need some 1941 parts and in all the previous topics your name is mentioned as the one to ask for parts.

What i need is the fwd magazine pin and retainer and the three square pins in the stock with the correct screws.

Can you help me?

Johnson m1941 Ser. Num. 5527

Regards christopher

Tanker: Good to hear from you again. How are you doin?

Ryche

Ryche: I'm doing OK. It's been so hot lately that I can't get out of the house much. My heart meds don't take to 107 degree weather. I've played with a few guns on the bedroom floor while watching TV. Also been watching auctions for 1941 Johnsons and bayonets. I think I'm bidding on an original Johnson bayonet now that is in New Zealand. It has a rather odd sheath? The seller states that it's OK for me to buy it, and him to ship it to me from Auckland, NZ. I'm hoping he's correct since I've never bought from overseas before. Any input? I imagine that it will go for far more than I'm willing to pay, but it's fun to participate.

My brother and I have been restoring old single barrel shotguns into the trenchgun pattern. I do the gunsmithing and wood repair and he does the wood and metal refinishing. We can take an old $100.00 beater shotgun and turn it into a $75.00 closet queen in two days! My brother has become a master wood refinisher and I'm honing my machining skills....or lack there-of. I've been making parts that we can't afford to buy and it's fun. Later......TANKER