Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Scott

New wood available

10 posts in this topic

I have 10 rifle stocks and 6 forearms uncommitted available. Don' t know about lmg forearm. My lmg forearm looks like a shortened rifle piece, but I have seen several versions.

There are 2 different 41 LMG forends. A longer one for those with BAR type bipod and a short one with a 1 1/2" U-shaped cut out for those with the later production type bipods. I'll post pictures when I get a chance.

Joe

I have/had often considered looking for a replacement stock for my 1941...however, after talking with a forum members in W. Springfield a few years ago, I decided to leave it as it is.

My stock appears to be original wood, however, some earlier owner had removed wood so the stock is very similar to 1903 "S" style grip....I suppose the owner at the time liked the feel of the 1903 "S" grip vs the pistol grip...

While not "100%", it would be very much like someone having changed a rear sight to the "V" notch...

But out of curiosity, what does new wood go for?

ArtR

Here are the pictures of the 2 types of 41 LMG forends 25jgwue.jpg

6iw4kn.jpg2a83ifd.jpg

Excellent shots, Brian....... Nice job of making the clear distinction regarding the bipods. When Joe made replicas of the bipod a few years back, it was of the later Johnson model shown on the left in all of your shots above.

Hey Brian Thanks for the pics. Great shots. The one on the left appears to have been a cut down reg. rifle fore stock, then moved back to make room for the bi-pod.

That would make sense for both time and money on the later produced guns. hhhmmmm!

Ryche