Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Scott

Don't buy a gun sight unseen

9 posts in this topic

A person bought a rifle to resell sight unseen. Seller said it needed the bolt stop and bolt stop plate. I tried to explain about the slots for stop plate and he said he did not see slots. So he sent pictures. The last 1 inch of receiver has been sawed off for some unknown reason. The gun has one of my stocks, so I think seller knew something about the rifles and didn't tell buyer about missing end. Buyer will try to return gun for a refund,

Hey Joe, you are an amazing gentleman. You have a way with words that sets an example that others would do well to follow. "Just the facts, mam." (another good Joe....Joe Friday of "Dragnet") It's what you don't say that speaks volumns !!!!!!!

The reason for this forum is to share information, I try not to be long winded. Wish I knew how to inform persons not aware of the wealth of information available. Most seem only to know about parts pages in the big dealers catalogs. If you belong to other forums, or websites, spread the word. Could someone make a U tube video of the basic field stripping of rifle with link back to this forum and website?

I would like to point out that the buyer still had no clue until he talked to you , so buying sight unseen was not the problem. Buying without spending the time to research or the money on a good book , that's more the underlining problem as I see it.

Chris

If the buyer can't get his money back from the seller, please give him my email address. I might want the thing for parts.

Joe do you think someone had cut the rec to make an LMG or a para carbine? or was too much rec. removed??? If they got into the project and couldn't or didn't finish then some seller put it back as a rifle to move it? Just thoughts as i haven't seen the pics on it. Ryche

Joe, I forget how long your "field stripping video" was, but it might be a candidate for turning into a youtube video, if someone has the means...especially if it is now on DVD....I have seen 10-12 minute videos and longer...just a thought.....ArtR

The receiver was cut too far back to make a look-a-like. Usually you cut off flush with the slots. Tried to post picture but didn't get it to show. My video is copy-righted and I don't care to give it away. Hope to update it some day.