Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dash

The candy store will be opening soon

5 posts in this topic

It would be interesting to know how/why one owner collected so many Johnson's. I think I read that he was an attorney. On another front, I looked at two 41's at a very big gun store in Houston yesterday. Both had needs: wrong stock, wrong butt plate, no front pin retainer, broken wood in retainer area, no bolt catch, Garand barrel, did not look at bores. Poorest one was $4750, other was more but don't remember price. Owner buys at big auctions and resells. Left a card with salesman who didn't seem to be concerned about condition. Remind everyone to examine rifles before bidding at auctions. If you attend and they won't let you look over the guns, pass.

Hummm.....Looks like you must be THERE and live THERE to bid unless FFL 'd . They are really limiting the buyers over the other auction places lists . I bet we'll see a down dip in the going prices because of the large supply / limited market . Time will tell , I guess. Chris

They will not even accept a C&L FFL. It is Indiana residents and FFL Dealers only. They are costing themselvesor the heirs, a lot of money.

Yep, I'd go to this one if they would sell long guns to adjacent-states or C&R people. They won't get as much $$$ with those rules. I'm not going just for the ammo.