Brian Alpert

NGD Louisville

11 posts in this topic

Joseph Scott and I at NGD Louisville this weekend.  We had the JSAR market cornered.  Good show. 

IMG_0672.JPG

IMG_0669.JPG

How fun is that!!  Wish I was closer so I could attend.  Nice collection. 

Great shots.....of two very great men. Did anyone ever say that you look like you could be brothers? And what a collection. Thanks for bringing your world to the rest of us.  ej

Edited by Ed Johnson
spelling error

Brian had 13 Johnson products on his tables.  He also has replacement barrels for sale. I had 3 rifles for sale on my table.  I walked the SOS military show Friday and saw only one average rifle for $6200 and one bayonet for $1150.  .  Joe

Joe, I know you were at the Phoenix show a couple of months ago.  Are you going to the next show?  How about you Brian, do you travel to western region to the shows?   If so, I would like to meet you two.

My trip to the Phoenix show was a once in lifetime to see the Grand Canyon and visit wife's brother.   Too old to repeat a 2900 mile drive. Seeing Grand Canyon with 4" snow on ground and elk under the trees was worth it.  Trip to Louisville was to see Brian again after 16 years.  We met in Houston at a Johnson get-together and have been long distance friends since.  I do go 500 miles to Tulsa twice a year

Two Fine Gentlemen i have done business with for many years with much knowledge they have shared with me to help me with my Johnson Restoration Thank You Mr Scott and Mr Alpert for so many years of enjoyable posts and information

Hey Brian, great photo of you and Joe. I too wish that I were closer and could attend the show. I am jealous of you guys who live so close to those big shows.

I,m fairly new to the Johnson world, a0806 only so far, very impressive table,would that be a price tag hanging from that carbine?

Phil

Everything on the table had a price tag on it.  That was not my collection.  It is what is for sale.  If you are interested, email me <brian.alpert@louisville.edu> and I will send you a Powerpoint of what I have.