ArtR

New items seen

75 posts in this topic

It also commands a higher price on Guns International. 

3 hours ago, Rarecat said:

Then the story is a big fib, claims it's been in his collection for a very long time....I remember seeing a picture of it on a different site

Here is the proxibid link which sort of hints to a March 28, 2020 date (see very bottom). Has B6118 as SN (photos 13, 16 & 18, and has sale as $6000.00.

Use as you wish to challenge any claims.

Someone may want to chime in here, but if memory serves me right, Johnson Automatics never made any Semi-auto LMG's. The reason was always, "WHY? For what purpose?"

Read Bruce Canfield's post in this thread

SN B0011 seen on GB

This sporter may be a good candidate for a return to military.

Greetings. I have returned after a long absence with a new screen name. Just heading home from the Ohio Valley Military Society “Show of Shows”. Didn’t price every JSAR, but one was tagged at $10,800 with a bayonet. It did not sell…

R/Matt

3 hours ago, Popsmoke2 said:

Greetings. I have returned after a long absence with a new screen name. Just heading home from the Ohio Valley Military Society “Show of Shows”. Didn’t price every JSAR, but one was tagged at $10,800 with a bayonet. It did not sell…

R/Matt

Welcome back, Matt. It has been a while. And, tks for the GS report.

ArtR

A word of caution:  It is necessary to permantly modify the LMG lower to prevent full auto.  It is possible for the gun to "run away" if not modified and still has a rifle bolt. If owner has not fired it, ask for return option.

On 2/23/2023 at 11:19 AM, ArtR said:

SN B0011 seen on GB

This sporter may be a good candidate for a return to military.

This one ended yesterday, 15 bids, at $3525.00. Should be a good start on a project gun, either to restore as a sporter or otherwise. Buyer might find it easier and cheaper to find a good sporter barrel and leave it at that.

Two new auctions. 

B7302 which we have seen several times before, however the seller is a top seller and looks legit to me. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/975123454

B8398, seller hasn’t had any activity in some time. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/975605588

Hi

I had not seen SN 6900 or B8398 before, however, personally I still think I would steer quite  clear of B7302, as previous ''seller" proved that he could be an imposter for other sellers. Buyer Beware!!! I still wonder what tools Gun Broker has in place to filter out fraud.

SN 4582?? back on the market (last seen Mar 2022)?  Now on GB but SN hard to confirm.

Seller claims that his father bought two JSAR's from the NRA. Is anyone aware of the NRA selling JSAR's? After many years, this is sort of a new revelation to me.

3 hours ago, ArtR said:

SN 4582?? back on the market (last seen Mar 2022)?  Now on GB but SN hard to confirm.

Seller claims that his father bought two JSAR's from the NRA. Is anyone aware of the NRA selling JSAR's? After many years, this is sort of a new revelation to me.

I highly doubt the NRA story, I'll be charitable and suggest that  the seller's recollection is mistaken.

The 4582? above has many screws that have seen some action. Nice old stock repair in the rear. I think I've seen ones in as good or better condition as this "unissued" JSAR. Mine might be in as good or better! I'm surprised he hasn't had it stamped "NRA" somewhere on the stock to "prove" NRA provenance.

On 2/26/2023 at 7:15 AM, Joseph Scott said:

A word of caution:  It is necessary to permantly modify the LMG lower to prevent full auto.  It is possible for the gun to "run away" if not modified and still has a rifle bolt. If owner has not fired it, ask for return option.

This brings a question to mind,  A few years ago I rewelded a Bren back life as a semiauto, we found an approved method complete with a letter from ATF, every part of the reciever and lower was altered so no full auto parts would fit.

My question is - does anyone have a similar approved method for a Johnson mock carbine?

Phil

4 hours ago, Blueheeler said:

I highly doubt the NRA story, I'll be charitable and suggest that  the seller's recollection is mistaken.

I also was questioning 'the story", as in my previous link, 4582 was reported as having been sold back in Mar 2022. Something is fishy about an item sold/purchased now being disposed of from 'father's' collection.

On 3/12/2023 at 10:21 PM, camstuff said:

B7302 which we have seen several times before, however the seller is a top seller and looks legit to me. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/975123454

B7302, photo 29, does the Bolt Stop Plate look odd to anyone else, or is it just me?

Hey Art: its not just you... looks to me like its been hammered on with both hammer and punch.

Ryche

B7302, bids start to climb. Let's hope that this auction this time is legit and the buyer is able to actually get the rifle.

On 3/12/2023 at 10:21 PM, camstuff said:

B7302, sold $10,203 and 34 bids

This went up for auction. Hopefully somebody here snagged it. I cannot make out the serial number, but it appears to be a no-prefix. 

Went for $1000.00 plus 28% buyer's premium ($1280 total). Unless you have a lot of parts hidden away, I am not sure what putting a whole rifle together would end up cost-wise today.

Receiver Auction.PNG

Recevier Auction 2.PNG

I saw that auction,I ended up buying the other handguard that was up. It looks a bit beat up but I really wanted it for the cross pin retaining clip.