Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tricky9914

My Wonderful Experience with Joseph Scott and his JSAR Stocks.

8 posts in this topic

**I am sorry if this thread is violation of any forum rules, but my excellent experience with Jospeh Scott warranted a separate thread. Please remove if need be** 

I recently purchased a JSAR rifle that had alot of honest ware, including a badly cracked and used stock. I saw Joseph Scott's ad for his repros stocks, as well as other forum member recommendations, so I though I would give him a try. Being a novice, I asked if he would accept my current stock with all hardware, and transfer the hardware over to the new stock for me (since I know swapping the recoil tube could be tricky to a lyman like myself). He kindly accepted the job so I sent my stock and payment off to him. 5 days later, I recieve my original stock and his replacement and all I could say was "WOW!".

It totally brought my rifle back to life and it fits probably better than the original that was on it! It just looks like a million bucks and I am thoroughly impressed with his master craftsmanship. Furthermore, he followed my instructions to have the finish match the same shades and ware patterns as my original (so it would match my original handguard), which he did almost flawlessly. Also, he replaced what happened to be "incorrect" buttplate screws AND CLEANED UP AND IMPROVED MY ORIGINAL BROKEN STOCK (which he did without me asking him to, or paying him to).

I just can't express how happy I am with this transaction, his attention to detail and customer service. I HIGHLY recommend working with Mr. Scott. 

THANKS!

J34.JPG.c9485118dcc0ccc9d45123effb381283

Your comments on Mr. Scott are much appreciated. We are very proud and grateful to him for all of his efforts, his honesty and trustworthy attitude. It is an honor to have him as a member of our Website Team. Thank you.   Ed J

I have always enjoyed my dealings with Joe. He is a stand up guy and greatly appreciated by us on the board.

By the way nice looking 34, Does she run or just a display piece?

Ryche

Joseph, and John Darling preceding him, have the only JSAR stocks which are truly "drop in" as I have learned from long and hard experience over the past 15 years.  Others either don't fit...or when you get them to fit, function poorly.  

You need a Johnson LMG (or semi auto look-a-like) to complement those.

Who was the guy in Port Charlotte, FL who used to sell "drop in" Johnson stocks.  I got one from him and it was beautiful.  Can't recall his name though.  This was a long time ago.

I believe he died.  I also bought one from him  many, many years ago.  Someone else tried to pick up his work but could not get them right.  Haven't heard about them in long time.  They tried to sell some unfinished wood some years ago.